A MP has claimed a physical border on the island of Ireland “surely can never happen” unless the “EU army plans to march in” and build it.
Julian Lewis told Theresa May that neither the Irish nor British would build a wall, and she said there was a “clear commitment” to no hard UK-Ireland border.
More from my site
- Tories chairman Brandon Lewis vows to ‘stamp out’ Islamophobia Image copyright Getty Images Image caption […]
- Ireland abortion referendum: UK minister hopes for NI law change Image copyright AFP A landslide vote in favour of overturning Ireland's […]
- Northern Ireland: Tory MPs urge Theresa May to ditch unsolved killings probe Image copyright PA Image caption […]
- Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionReturning Officer Barry Ryan delivered the results in Irish and EnglishThe Republic of […]
- Northern Ireland: UK cabinet ‘spat’ over unsolved killings inquiry Image caption The new unit will take over the work of the Historical Enquiries […]
- Karen Bradley says Northern Ireland abortion law should not be imposed Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionMPs held a highly-charged debate about abortionWestminster should not "impose its will" on […]
- Michael D Higgins inaugurated as President of Ireland Image copyright RTÉ Michael D Higgins has been inaugurated for a second […]
- John Lewis warns of zero first-half profit Image copyright PA John Lewis has warned that profits in the first half of […]
- Brandon Lewis spoke to Amber Rudd about ‘ambition’ for more removals Image copyright Getty Images Amber Rudd's former deputy says he spoke […]
- Brexit talks hit ‘real problem’ over Northern Ireland border Image copyright Reuters Image caption […]