Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has announced artist Charlotte Prodger as this winner of this year’s prestigious Turner Prize.
Prodger was recognised for a film about queer identity and independence, shot entirely on her iPhone.
Accepting the prize, she said public funding had been crucial to her career.
More from my site
- Mercury Prize 2018 winner is revealed Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Copy this link […]
- Kathleen Turner diss has the whole world guessing Image caption Turner found fame in such films as Body Heat and Romancing the […]
- Sound of 2018 winner Sigrid reflects on her ‘magical’ year Image copyright Island Records Pop star Sigrid topped the BBC's Sound of […]
- Tina Turner opens up about son’s suicide Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionTina Turner: "I am really proud of what my future as a star became"Tina Turner has opened […]
- Poldark’s Aidan Turner: ‘I’ve never felt objectified’ Image caption The fourth series of Poldark began on Sunday […]
- Tina Turner: ‘Ike took me to sex show on wedding night’ Image copyright Getty Images Image caption […]
- Dame Esther Rantzen: I wouldn’t be pretty enough to make it now Image copyright BBC/Amanda Benson Dame Esther Rantzen has said her […]
- Theatre calls for learning disability Oscar winner Image copyright ITV Image caption […]
- Nobel Prize for Literature postponed amid Swedish Academy turmoil Image copyright AlfredNobel.org Image caption […]
- Behrouz Boochani: Refugee who wrote book using WhatsApp wins top prize Image copyright Ashley Gilbertson/VII/Redux/eyevine Image caption […]