Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has announced artist Charlotte Prodger as this winner of this year’s prestigious Turner Prize.
Prodger was recognised for a film about queer identity and independence, shot entirely on her iPhone.
Accepting the prize, she said public funding had been crucial to her career.
More from my site
- Mercury Prize 2018 winner is revealed Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Copy this link […]
- Kathleen Turner diss has the whole world guessing Image caption Turner found fame in such films as Body Heat and Romancing the […]
- Tina Turner opens up about son’s suicide Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionTina Turner: "I am really proud of what my future as a star became"Tina Turner has opened […]
- Tina Turner: ‘Ike took me to sex show on wedding night’ Image copyright Getty Images Image caption […]
- Poldark’s Aidan Turner: ‘I’ve never felt objectified’ Image caption The fourth series of Poldark began on Sunday […]
- Theatre calls for learning disability Oscar winner Image copyright ITV Image caption […]
- Women’s Prize for Fiction: Kamila Shamsie wins 2018 award for Home Fire Image copyright Zain Mustafa Image caption […]
- Milkman sales soar after Man Booker Prize win Image copyright PA Image caption […]
- Nobel Prize for Literature postponed amid Swedish Academy turmoil Image copyright AlfredNobel.org Image caption […]
- Israel expands smoking ban in public places Image copyright Dan Porges/Getty Images Image caption […]