They are based on the performance of pupils in each school in their end-of-primary national curriculum tests, known as Sats.
This year was the third time children sat the government’s tougher tests, introduced in 2016.
You can check how schools in your area have performed through the BBC’s postcode search.
More from my site
- Primary school places – not got what you wanted? Image copyright Getty Images Hundreds of thousands of parents in England […]
- Primary school children ‘sent to school wearing nappies’ Image copyright Getty Images Image caption […]
- Moneydarragh Primary School closes after more than 100 years Image caption Moneydarragh Primary School is amalgamating with three other […]
- ‘No-deal’ Brexit advice to be published by UK government Image copyright PA The UK government will begin advising people, […]
- Fire at Roding Primary School, Dagenham Image copyright london fire brigade Image caption […]
- Severe obesity four times more likely in poor primary schools Image copyright Getty Images Primary pupils in England's poorest areas are […]
- Grammar school tests: How do children cope? England's grammar schools are back on the agenda following a recent government announcement of £50 million for more places for disadvantaged pupils at selective schools. But the odds […]
- Boundary changes: Final proposals to be published Image copyright Getty Images Final recommendations for new parliamentary […]
- Free schools boost for England’s worst-performing areas Image copyright Getty Images The government's free school programme is […]
- School delay does not help summer-born, study shows Image copyright Getty Images Delaying a summer-born child's entry to […]