Two years ago, the late Martin McGuinness resigned as Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland. There hasn’t been a devolved government since.
Newsnight explains why.
More from my site
- Northern Ireland: UK cabinet ‘spat’ over unsolved killings inquiry Image caption The new unit will take over the work of the Historical Enquiries […]
- Northern Ireland: Tory MPs urge Theresa May to ditch unsolved killings probe Image copyright PA Image caption […]
- PM ‘retains confidence’ in Northern Ireland secretary Karen Bradley Image caption Secretary of State Karen Bradley was appointed to the post in […]
- Karen Bradley says Northern Ireland abortion law should not be imposed Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionMPs held a highly-charged debate about abortionWestminster should not "impose its will" on […]
- Brexit talks hit ‘real problem’ over Northern Ireland border Image copyright Reuters Image caption […]
- Armed forces chief vows to fight false Northern Ireland claims Image caption Sir Nick Carter took over as chief of defence staff in June […]
- Northern Ireland child post-mortem examinations to be done in England Image copyright Getty Images Image caption […]
- Stormont stalemate: NI ‘not eligible’ for Guinness World Record Image copyright PAUL FAITH Image caption […]
- ‘Restore Stormont now’ voluntary body urges Karen Bradley Image caption There has been no power-sharing government at Stormont since […]
- Northern: Minister ‘should resign’ over rail ‘chaos’ Image copyright Northern Image caption […]