It can be hard to find time as a parent to sleep, let alone find time to go to a rave.
Seven Stories, the National Centre for Children’s Books in Newcastle, hosted a ‘pyjama rave’ for families – allowing parents to rave with their babies.
The rave was part of an exhibition called ‘Time to Get Up’, which aimed to encourage kids to incorporate reading into their daily routines.
More from my site
- Freshers’ Week at Newcastle University is changing
Fewer young people are choosing to drink but what does that mean for Freshers' Week?Today found out how this year, Newcastle University sold £70 wristbands giving freshers access to 80 […]
- Newcastle mother appeals on Twitter for new kidney
- Newcastle photos by ‘flawed visionary’ T Dan Smith go on show
Estate of T Dan Smith
- Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea: DeAndre Yedlin own goal gives Blues victory
Eden Hazard (centre) scored his first goal of the seasonMaurizio Sarri's Chelsea maintained their winning start to the Premier League season with victory over […]
- Fall Out Boy: How to headline Reading and Leeds
This weekend Fall Out Boy will play the main stage at Reading and Leeds for the sixth time.They were last there in 2016 […]
- Portsmouth deaf club helps isolated children
When Lindsey Baker found out during a parents' evening that her deaf son was struggling to cope, she knew she had to take action. Also deaf herself, Lindsey founded the Saturday Kids […]
- Would you give your kids total freedom?
Juha Jarvinen is a father of six living in a rural area in western Finland. He has an unusual parenting style: put simply, his children enjoy total freedom in the house. The idea is to […]
- Adoption and care rates higher in some areas
For a child born in England in 2011-2012, the […]
- Fake news harms children’s self-esteem and trust, say MPs
A few weeks ago, Chloe, 13, shared a hoax […]
- Five back-to-school sleeping tips for kids
It's back-to-school time. That means school nights are back. But did your kids get the memo? Here are five top tips for getting them back into a school-friendly bedtime routine, from […]